Aerobic exercise consists of activities using moderate power intensity and not activities that require extreme power and intensity which come under the anaerobic category.
Aerobic activities include:
– brisk walking
– aerobic danceIf you take into consideration all of the above activities there is one thing common to all. A constant rhythmic movement without a single break in movement right from the start of exercising till you stop. Neither are these exercises fast, nor do they require you to strain yourself. They are all exercises of slow to medium intensity that increase your heart-rate to a constant higher yet comfortable level.
Benefits of Aerobic Exercise
Aerobics are considered one of the best forms of exercise for all age groups. Regular aerobic exercise strengthens the heart and lungs by increasing the heart-rate to higher than normal but comfortable level. This helps the lungs utilize oxygen to the optimum level and the constant increased heart-rate helps strengthen the heart making it less prone to ailments.
In addition to these, aerobics also have many more proven benefits.
– Excess fat reduction leading to a leaner and well-toned body
– Lower levels of blood cholesterol
– Reduction in fatigue and an increase in stamina
– Increased muscle strength
– Constant energetic feel
– A fit body, leading to a fit mind